Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

ER again!

Just a quick post to update everybody. I'm working on 4 hours sleep so it'll be quick. Prince took a fall last night and began vomiting. We just went through this with Princess one month ago so we knew after the second time he threw up we needed to go. We went to Baptist and they were great. We had a CT scan withing 10 minutes of arriving. No brain swelling or bleeding. But there was blood behind his left ear. They did x-rays on his skull and found a long fracture going up his skull from his ear...about 4-5 inches in length. Meanwhile he's still vomiting. They put an INT in him (iv) and gave him nausea meds. They transferred him to UMC to be admitted or for 23 hour observation (because they have Peds ER and Peds Neuro) via ambulance (due to liability reasons). They then needed to get blood. Unfortunately they couldn't get blood to draw from his INT so they had to draw blood from his AC on his other arm. UGHHHHH!!!! And please tell me why they felt the need to rebandage and retape his entire INT BEFORE they tried to draw from it....sorry...it's the RN coming out in me. I didn't want my baby stuck needlessly. He was a trooper though. We are so very proud of him. Dr. Ray-Dios was the Neurosurgeon on call. He came to talk to us at about 130 am. He's great! BTW the fall occurred at 7:30pm...long night. He told us the fracture was a hairline fracture and that if there was going to be any swelling or bleeding it would have occurred by now. The main thing to watch was keeping him hydrated. I was dreading a night in UMC with Neuro checks every 2 hours or so. He discussed it with the on-call ER DR. and they agreed to let us go home. We are continuing to monitor him but he's had no S/S of any neuro probs at all. He's great and he remembers every single thing about the fall and the events at the hospital. We got home this morning at 3am and we're still walking zombies. I'm taking him back a week from Friday to be checked and we'll continue to have checks routinely for about a year to make sure the fracture is healing correctly. I'm sorry this is a very long run on paragraph but I don't have the energy to click the shift and the tab key. I'll write more later but that's the main gyst! He's great, we're great, God is AWESOME! And we're just going to all wear football helmets forever1

Oh, Tink DID get baptized tonight. We're so proud and it was an amazing experience. I'll write about that and upload pics tomorrow.

Good night! Thanks for the prayers and please keep praying.

Jill

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my! You guys did have an emotional day.you guys are un our prayers!

Dee Dee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.