


Well, tonight was the night! Tink felt the call to "walk the aisle" this morning but since Daddy was running sound during church I asked her to wait until tonight. She was excited all day. She even planned to sit up front so she wouldn't have to walk so far. Daddy and I just kept quiet, asking her subtle questions to make sure she was ready. We wanted this to be her decision and we weren't going push her. Well, we walked into church and I asked where she wanted to sit. She said, "on the front row since I'm going to ask to be baptized". Well, she really meant the FRONT ROW. I talked her into the third row...telling her the front row was reserved for the ministers. She said there were "like a thousand seats" on the front row and we didn't have that many ministers. Yes, she is very bright. Not much gets past her. But she settled on row 3. When it came time DH and I just stood up to sing without making a fuss...she looked at me and said she wasn't going. I told her that was fine. But before I could give it a second thought she looked at her Daddy and said she was ready. She led the way and didn't look back. We were so proud of her and she was so very excited. She is bubbling with joy right now knowing that she is about to be baptized following Christ's lead and His example. We should all remember the joy that is in Christ and the sacrifice that He paid for us to have that joy.
1 comment:
Yay!!! That's so exciting. I remember how excited I was when I went to the front...about this same time when I was in 1st grade!
Post a Comment