This morning as I was praying for our country I asked God to show me where He wanted me to focus my quiet time. He led me to a Bible study that I had missed a couple of days work on. It is Beth Moore's Stepping Up study....an amazing study I recently did. Well, I opened to the page talking about Psalm 123...
"I lift my eyes to You,
the One enthroned in heaven.
Like a servant's eyes on His master's hand,
like a servant girl's eyes on her mistress's hand,
so our eyes are on the Lord our God
until He shows us favor.
Show us favor, Lord, show us favor,
for we've had more than enough contempt.
We've had more than enough
scorn from the arrogant
and contempt from the proud."
This is what Beth said..."I'd like to suggest that an entire chain reaction begins with our eyes and ultimately affects our hearts, souls, and minds. Where we look---where we genuinely fasten our gaze---amid continual life challenges has a tremendous impact on how we feel.
I have stopped watching the news over the past couple of weeks. I was getting so down, depressed, irritable, and worried...when Bro. Greg preached on the election I realized that my focus was off of God. I was worried about things I have no control over. He is in control. I have just been praying...praying more than I ever have in my life. And no matter how this election turns out I'm at peace knowing that our Lord is in control of it all. He is the Holy One, ENTHRONED above. He has his throne already. And Psalm 99:1 says that "the Lord reigns, let the nations tremble". Ultimately every other crown bearer will "fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever." They will "lay their crowns before the throne and say: 'You are worthy, our Lord and God.'" Nothing operates outside God's soverign rule, including any prince or principality of earth or air. How comforting is that!! I rest in the peace of the Lord today knowing that above all He is in control and His will will be done. Please continue to pray for our nation and whichever leader is elected.
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment