Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Dinosaurs!!














My mom and I took the kids to the Natural Science Museum earlier in the week to see the Dinosaur exhibit. The kids had so much fun. I think Prince enjoyed it most of all. At first he thought the robotic dinosaurs were real! It was cute to see his reactions. They loved looking at the bones and the replicas of real dinosaurs. We also got to see the fish, snakes, alligators, and other animals that are there all the time. What a fun and exciting day. Tink is learning about invertebrates in science so it was a great way to reinforce the difference between vertebrates and invertebrates. She would walk around showing me what each animal/creature was. She also found some insects and arachnids that she was able to tell me the difference between. We're having so much fun in school!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

We went to this exhibit with the kids and Dax's mom when it first opened. My children loved it, too! FYI, we were painting with sponges, but marshmallows dipped in chocolate wouldn't be a bad "art project!"

Dee Dee said...

Looks like fun!

We've found one other homeschool family so far and also found out that they have classes for homeschoolers on the Colorado River (which Bastrop is on). They do all kinds of science "stuff" that we're really excited about.

I am a little disappointed, though, because there's no real homeschool group here. Todd says I should help get one going, but that sounds like a pretty big task to me!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I heard you had another fun ER experience. So glad that little man is okay (or will be)! When John mentioned it in choir this morning I felt so bad for y'all. Hope that you were still able to go ahead with AJ's baptism. She was SO excited about it in choir on Wednesday.

Jill said...

Laurie, great idea about the marshmallows and chocolate! I'll have to try that...yummy!

Dee Dee...you so could start a little group. Just plan a meeting and a couple of field trips. You can do it!

Claire, thanks for checking on us. I updated my blog with some of the info...scattered bits! And yes, AJ DID get baptized tonight!!!!!!!!!