Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Snaggle Tooth!


My precious angel is growing up way too fast!  Two days ago she lost BOTH of her front teeth in the same day! They'd been loose for quite some time.  I was able to pull one that afternoon but the other one was very stubborn.  She didn't want me to pull it or even try to get it looser.  But I made a deal with her....if she pulled it she could get a popsicle right then and then the next day I'd have Daddy make coffee milk shakes.  Well, that was it!  She was DETERMINED!  Sweets are her weakness!!!  She pulled and twisted and wiggled for hours!  CJ even got in on the game by cheering her on and coaching her!  I laughed and laughed.  At 10:15pm after hours of working on it that stubborn tooth finally came out!  True to my word I gave her a popsicle at 10:15pm.  She couldn't believe it!  She figured I'd make her wait until the next day. She kept repeating over and over, "I can't believe Mommy is letting me eat a popsicle at 10 o'clock at night".  What a wonderful memory!



10pm popsicle!


While I'm writing a SM post I have to mention two other funnies that came from this child over the last couple of days!  She's full of these btw:

Yesterday CJ and SM got in trouble for not finishing their chores or for doing them in an unacceptable way.  Jeremy was talking with them about why it's important to do their work and to do it to the best of their ability.  He said when they grow up, if they get a job and don't do their job well or if they don't do their job at all then they will get fired.  SM thought for a second and responded, "I hope I don't get a job cleaning."  

Then today during the Permaculture class we were outside watching the participants dig a VERY LARGE one meter hole to plant a banana tree in.  The man digging was up to his shoulders deep in the hole.  SM came and said, "Mommy what is he doing?"  I told her he was digging a hole to grow a banana seed.  She thought for a second and said, "That must be a very big seed."  

No comments: