What a magical trip to Disney World we had! The kids woke up on Thanksgiving morning to yet another "Tink gift" which had mysteriously been appearing for the past week. This gift was a bit larger than the previous gifts. Inside cute Mickey Mouse boxes were pillowcase dresses for the girls (to wear to meet Cinderella and Prince Charming) and Mickey Star Wars shirts for Prince and Tink. It was Mickey holding a light saber for them to wear to Hollywood Studios. There were also a few other items I'd picked up for them. The kids still had no idea so we told them to close their eyes and we put their Mickey Mouse ears on them. When they opened we asked them where they thought they'd need these. Tink sheepishly chimed in, "At Disney World!"...I think she was afraid to say it thinking it wasn't going to be true. But yes, we told them that the next morning we were going to Disney World. They were so excited.
We spent the rest of Thanksgiving Day with family and watching the Macy's parade and doing Minnie pedicures/manicures on all of the girls. This is a tradition I started last year on our first trip. It really makes us feel like the trip has really begun.
Prince got sick on the 8 hour trip from Montgomery to Orlando. We though it was just car sickness but he started running a fever that night as well. We were worried but after some Motrin and much prayer the next morning he was ready to go. That fever never reappeared!
We checked into the Port Orleans Riverside and our room was ready! I wasn't expecting it to be ready that early so this was a nice surprise. We were able to unload our bags and head to Epcot! This was our first time in the World Showcase and I'd really been looking forward to it. I knew there was so much to learn about different countries and since it was Christmas time there were different storytellers in each of the countries telling of some of their Christmas traditions. I was impressed that all of Disney was unashamedly full of CHRISTMAS and the true reason for Christmas! There were Angels on top of the trees (large ones!), the Voices of Liberty in the American Pavilion sang Christian hymns about the Messiah, there were nativity scenes, etc. I was proud that although most of the country takes Jesus and Christmas out of this time of year, Disney of all places has choses (at least for now) to make it obvious what the holiday is all about.
We had a wonderful trip and the Christmas decorations were so georgeous. We ate lots of food from different places including Africa, Polynesian, German, and Asian. I'll try to post some pics later but I have to upload them first.
Now we are back and settled in for our Christmas holiday. It's not quite as busy this year for us! I'm loving that! We can take time to enjoy each other and truly focus on the fact that this holiday is a celebration of the birth of our Savior! God bless and Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment