Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

We're getting close!

Well, we have just two more days until we leave for our Thanksgiving trip to Montgomery and our surprise trip to Disney World! I can't believe we've been able to keep it a secret this long. The kids have no idea. I'm still able to pack and everything b/c the kids know we're going to Montgomery, so that helps. Although, Tink did wonder why I was taking all kinds of snack foods, etc. to Nana and Pawpaw's! lol!

I decided on a way to tell them, I think! Starting yesterday morning I started leaving little "Tink gifts" on the kitchen table. I picked up some $1 Disney gifts at Michael's and that has worked perfect. Yesterday morning before the kids woke up I left a puzzle that you color in front of each child's seat. Princess got a Princess puzzle, Tink got Tink, and Prince got Toy Story. They were all excited but it drove Tink CRAZY all day! She kept bugging us and worrying about who gave her the gifts. We explained to her that she should just be grateful and thankful, and that she'd probably find out one day.

This morning I did the same thing. In front of each chair was a box with rolled up Princess, Tink, and Toy story posters to color in it. There was also a brand new box of Princess, Tink, and Toy story crayons. This morning they were even more thankful and grateful. They even each (well, the two oldest ones) wrote a thank-you note to whoever was leaving the gifts. Tink drew a fairy in the clouds and wrote thank-you. Prince colored a Christmas tree pic and had his sister write thank-you for him. How sweet is that!?

My plan is to leave two more mornings of "Tink gifts" on the table. That'll get us until Wed. Then on Thurs. morning (we'll be in Montgomery) we're going to leave a large Disney box that I bought for each of them. It'll be filled with some shirts I bought for them to wear, dresses for the girls with Princesses on them, the personalized pillowcases that I had made for the characters to sign, etc. That's when we'll tell them. This is our Christmas present for the kids so we wanted to make it special. I may even wrap the gift items if I have time.

We'll be gone from Fri. to Fri. We leave Montgomery the Fri after Thanksgiving and we'll stay somewhere off-property that night. Then we'll check in Sat morning and head to Epcot for day 1! We're excited, but I'm a little stressed right now. It's nerve wracking trying to pack for 5 people for 9 days! Ugh! I'll write more when we get back!

No comments: