Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Year, A New Look on Life

I know I haven't been the best at keeping everyone updated with this blog. Honestly, I've been so busy trying to get my family responsibilities accomplished that I haven't had the time. I don't and won't ever complain though. I may get tired, grumpy, and need to sneak away for a nice long bath every now and then but I feel blessed beyond measure that the Lord has provided a way for me to stay home with our precious angels and homeschool them.

I'm so in love with life. I love waking up in the morning cuddling with my babies, knowing that I don't have to rush out the door to get them to the school by some unGodly hour. I love the family breakfast each morning (well, minus Daddy) followed immediately by our Bible study and the rest of our school day. I love knowing that I don't really have to get dressed except for church on Wed. and Sundays. ;) I love seeing the light spark in my children's eyes when they understand a new concept or remember something we've already learned. I love the nap time that comes after a long day of teaching. I don't always get a nap but I do always have a rest time. I love the afternoons where we get ready for Daddy to come home and the kids help me make supper. I'm so blessed. Blessed beyond measure.

But most of all I love knowing that come 6 o'clock the man of my dreams is going to walk through that door and our family is complete. We've really taken the time the past couple of months to focus on our family and our family time. Our kids beg for "family nights" and the funny thing is...we have it nearly every night. Jeremy has just started a new family Bible study and we're having a lot of special moments with it. The kids gather at his feet and hang on his every word. Of course, this is after the wresteling, tickling, and giggling that goes on with Daddy the moment he gets home. He's their hero and the best Daddy ever. I thank God that our children have such a man to model their future husbands (for the girls) and themselves (for Christian) after.

As the new semester and new year starts I pray the Lord will let us continue to grow our family into a tighter, closer bond. Most of our day is spent in His Word or work and the kids expect nothing less. God is first in our lives. He is the reason for living. He is the rock our family relies on. As the college comes back and our responsibilities with that ministry increase I pray that above all else, we are where HE wants us and no where else. I pray that our special family time remains the constant in our lives and that we are able to balance our lives with the priorities that HE wants for us.

Thank you Lord that you are a God of love, compassion, forgiveness, mercy, and hope. May we always be focused on You.

Happy 2010 everyone!

Jill

No comments: