Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I love how God talks to us in such suttle yet obvious ways sometimes. I was writing an email the other day about how I have been convicted about the amount of internet usage I do on a daily basis. Now, let's get the record straight, I'm not saying I'm on the internet a lot. I would say, though, that 5 minutes here and five minutes there do add up to too much time for me! God spoke with me about that a month ago (Impression without expression = depression ) and I vowed to change.

Then Jeremy went to work some extreme and very difficult hours at work. For a month straight he worked an average of 15 hour days without a single day off. This trial brought me right back into the lion's den and put me back to my old ways of computer usage. I used it as an outlet, an escape. God is again convicting me. And this morning in my quiet time I found this verse:

But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? Galations 4:9
Isn't He suttle?? lol! I love that He speaks to me in so many different ways, just as I've been taught all my life. He speaks through the Spirit, that small quiet voice within that tells you you're doing something wrong. He speaks through other people, my children making jokes that I am on the computer too much. He speaks most assuredly through His Word!

I have assigned times, that I even discussed with my children so as to be held accountable, in which I will check email or write on my blogs. So far this week has been so wonderful! It's amazing how much joy a person can get over following Him even in the simple things like this! Thank you, Lord for not giving up on me!

And now I'm telling my friends and family. It's a personal struggle which I'm sharing yet I felt the need to share how God is working with me and through me on this. He wants to help you too. I'd love to speak with any of you about Him at any time! I can't wait to see what He teaches me later today! :)

Jill

No comments: