
While I was sitting in the living room today I caught a snippet of a conversation that SM was having with her friend Mary. Mary is a Malawian who lives next door and speaks broken English. However, Mary and SM are GREAT friends. I heard SM say the words "Jesus" and "sin" so I got up and went over to the window where I could hear better. She was telling Mary that everyone sins and that because of our sin we are supposed to go to see Satan when we die. She continued saying that "Satan is where the bad people go. But if we have Jesus in our heart then we don't have to go to Satan, we get to go to heaven with Jesus." The conversation was short but direct. I couldn't believe my little 4 year old was so freely sharing the Gospel with her close friend. But isn't that what it's all about?? She loves Mary and wants her to be in heaven with her one day. She's not waiting until Mary is all grown up or until she is all grown up herself. She is taking any opportunity available to share with those she loves about the salvation available through Jesus. What a lesson we all need to learn from this! Today is the best time! Who are you going to share the gospel with today? If a 4 year old can do it so can we!!!!
Jill
2 comments:
You GO girl! Makes me cry!
The wonders of a child. Caitlyn is really starting to ask those "good" deep questions, like what if her sister doesn't love God. Will she go to heaven? Not many ways but one to answer that. I hope that the fuel crisis is improving, though I guess some crises give way to more opportunities for God's greatness. I also hope you and Jeremy and the kids have a wonderful Christmas in Africa!
Much love from the Brown Family!
Post a Comment