This past Sunday we were able to announce to our church family our exciting news about Africa. It's been such a long process (yet quick at the same time) where we have not been able to mention to anyone our intent or our possibilities about missions. It was hard keeping the "secret" until all of the right people were informed first. But this past Sunday, two days after mailing out our first commitment letters, we were able to share our mission with our family at Morrison Heights Baptist Church. Both my mom and Jeremy's parents were in attendance as well as many many friends. All were so very excited.
When we walked down during the invitation we motioned for Melissa Morgan to come with us. Melissa will be serving in Malawi at ABC beginning in August. She will be working in the clinic with the medicines. I love hearing her story and the way the Lord delayed her medical school for a year or two for this very purpose. Mrs. Jan and I spoke to her about ABC and within 2 days she'd already filled out her application and later that very week she had the first draft of her support letter. I mean it when I say, "when the Lord calls, sometimes HE works fast!". Wait for that timing and then be ready!
So Melissa and the Kyser family walked down to the front during invitation and Dr. Charles (our pastor, Dr. Greg was out of town) asked if we'd say a few words at the podium. Well, we weren't expecting that. After the invitation and offering we were all onstage (kids and all) and Jeremy and Melissa were able to share our mission and the ABC ministry with our church family! What a blessing! We are so very blessed to have such a close and caring church family. Their support means the world to us!
Later that night my official announcement came of Facebook. For weeks I'd been teasing my friends with an announcement that I would soon make. All I said was that the Lord had been doing some pretty amazing things in our family and I couldn't wait to share. Of course, everyone thought I was pregnant! But I longed for the day that I could shout to the world that we are serving the Lord as missionaries in Malawi, Africa! That was a precious moment! What a wonderful day!
God bless!
Jill
1 comment:
I was working that day and had no clue that Melissa was going! That's awesome. When will y'all be going?
Post a Comment