Ok my loyal friends and family...I'm in a reading drought and seeing as how I LOVE to read this has become a problem. I've been looking for some good books to read but I just can't seem to settle on any. I love to try reading new things and am in need of a few suggestions. Some of my very favorite books have been suggested to me by my friends and I'm hoping you can all help me out of my slump. I must admit that my most recent reads have been the books in the Twilight series. While I never thought I'd like anything of this sort I actually fell in love with these books. Obviously I'm game for any suggestions. So email me, post here, or just tell me when you see me but I need some ideas of your favorite books (And yes, I've already read the Shack!).
Love you all and have a great week!
Jill
6 comments:
Jill, perhaps if you ever read my blog, you would know of a good book to read (kidding, kidding :) I just finished reading "Same Kind of Different as Me", and it is without a doubt one of (if not "the") best book I have ever read. Amazing. And it's a true story (I really love true stories) written as an autobiography of sorts. FYI, Freds has it for $5.99. Yeah, I was shocked too, but they have a small shelf near the back of the store with this book, "The Cure for The Common Life" by Max Lucado, and a couple of kid's books. Try it out - I loved it!!
If you like mystery/suspense, I'm a HUGE fan of Terri Blackstock. She's an awesome Christian fiction writer. I've read all of her stuff minus her last 2 series thanks to having kids!
If you like more romance or time period stuff, I also like Lori Wick. I'm not a time period person so I stick with her novels, but I get easily wrapped up into them.
Over Christmas I read Josh Hamilton's autobiography. He's a pro-ball player for the Texas Rangers who made some bad choices before God really got a hold of him. It's an easy read - like you are sitting down with him over coffee.
Maybe those will help...I miss reading myself, but I barely get past a few pages before falling asleep these days!
Yes, I do read your blog Tracie! Actually that's what gave me the idea for my post. Thanks for the suggestions, I've been looking for this book since you mentioned it so I plan to read it.
You know that I am a Karen Kingsbury fan. She has a ton of books and they are all good. I have also read some of Lori Wick's novels, but I don't care for the time period stuff either.
I was going to recommend The Shack first, so I'm glad you've already read it. Brennan Manning is another great author. If you haven't read "Ragamuffin Gospel" or "Glimpses of Jesus" they are fabulous.
Finally, Dee Henderson is a great suspense writer. Her stuff is at Lifeway. I would start with "Danger in the Shadows". Then, there are 5 books that come after it for a series. I tried a few after those and didn't like some of her other things, but that particular series was great.
Good luck,
Amy
Amy got me hooked on Francice Rivers so I thought I'd throw her name into the hat. Besides Redeeming Love (which I think you've already read), my next favorite is Scarlet Thread.
I agree with Amy. Karen Kingsbury books are great. She has so many and they are all really good.
Post a Comment