It's been busy this past couple of weeks but we've had a great time and have had tons of fun. School is back on schedule and while I don't believe I'll ever get everything done that I'd like we're doing great.
Tink and Man Man have been having a lot of fun with our new Bible story book. Each morning we read our Bible story first and Tink draws a picture that goes along with the story. It's her way of recalling the information and processing what she's learned. She does a great job of this. Drawing is one of her passions so I'm glad God showed me this way of incorporating her likes into the day. Man-Man listens most of the time. He's on or off. But if he's not listening he's playing with Princess so it all works out great.
Scripture memory is something I've been working with Tink on a lot this year. She's amazing at memorizing things and we've got a pretty long list of verses that she already knows. Man-Man (little did I know) has been picking them up as well. He surprised us both the other day when he finished a verse before Tink could. We were so proud of him. So he really likes to participate in this part of the morning now!
Last weekend Jeremy took the kids camping in the back yard. They were so excited. They started putting the tent up and were done with it by 6:30. Of course that's too early for bed so Jeremy hooked an extension cord to a portable DVD player and they watched Spider Man in the tent. Of course this was NOT ideal to get the true wilderness experience but the kids loved it. I made them cookies and took them milk in a thermos so it was a fun time!!
I was so excited because Princess was in bed and Jeremy and the older two were in the backyard so I had an entire night to myself. Just as I was getting excited about this and dreaming of the possibilities...I remembered the date. Jan. 2. I called Jeremy and asked him if he knew what tonight was. He said Jan. 2. I said does that date ring a bell. I couldn't believe he'd forgotten about the Sugar Bowl. Nor could I believe that I was reminding him of it. I saw my nice quiet evening fly out the door and into the tent as I let my husband come inside and watch his Bama get beat. After the game was over he came back to sleep outside and I was once again in my comfy bedroom. Well, the kids had fun and that's what it's all about. I actually enjoyed laying out there because they went to sleep by 9 and I just listened to the traffic far off in the distance and thought about how blessed I was to have such a wonderful family. God is good!
Jill
2 comments:
I had to laugh when I read about you camping in the back yard. It's been so cold here in Iowa that they cancelled school because it wasn't safe to be outside. (-20 degrees!) We love to camp but will have to wait until spring. We bought a camper this past year....it's the only way to experience the wilderness!
Lori Kelly
Yeah, it's pretty funny to think of camping in the back yard in Jan. We got into the teens this past week and it was the coldest it's been in 6 years...but now it's back into the 50's as a high. I wish we had a camper...that sounds great!
Post a Comment