Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving blessings!

Thanksgiving recently become one of my favorite holidays. I mean, I always loved it before but the past few years I've come to appreciate it more and more. God has given our family so many wonderful blessings and to take the time to give thanks to our Heavenly Father is so important. My desire is to make each day a day full of thanksgiving and love. Why only once a year?? And on that thought...why can't we eat dressing and turkey in May???

I also love Thanksgiving because it's the ONE holiday where we don't travel. Usually we just have dinner with my mom and we cook a huge feast just for the 6 of us. This year we invited my precious friend and neighbor, Tisha, and her family over to share the holiday with us. Tisha's mom was visiting from TN and we had a wonderfully full home on Thanksgiving Day. I am so thankful that God placed this family in my life. They have just meant the world to me and they have ALL recently been saved!! Praise God! He has really been working in their lives and I cry every time I think of their precious family. They'll be moving at the end of the month but I know we'll stay close always.

Here are some pictures of our blessed Thanksgiving Day!

2 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Wow - looks like a great feast! Do you know that I've NEVER had fried turkey...looks yummy!

Jill said...

That's only about the second one I've ever had. It was good. But you have to have a turkey fryer to do it...we had a great time.