Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Time!

What a wonderfully busy week we've had! Monday night I had the college student leaders from our church over to our house for a Christmas dinner/party. With the help of the adult leaders and some wonderful ladies from our church we were able to host over 20 students and serve a wonderful meal eaten on china and Christmas ware. That was so much fun for me. I love the college students and can't wait to have them over again. They are such a delight to our family and our church!

On Tuesday I attended a ladies night at both our church and Donna's house. The church function was great. We ate pizza and watched the movie, The Christmas Card. Afterwards, some of the girls from our S.S. went to Donna's for a planning meeting. Well, you know what happens anytime girls get together. We ended up staying out way past our bedtime!! YEAH!

Wednesday brought choir parties at church and the opportunity to see Man-Man sing in his choir. Since he's 4 he doesn't sing in "Big" church so once a year we get to go into his choir room and watch him. He was shy for the most part and hid in Daddy's arms. But I loved watching him and all of his friends. He's got a great teacher and they have tons of fun.

Thursday I took Tink and Man-Man to see the Nutcracker. They love watching the dancers and they're very well behaved considering how long we had to sit there just to wait for it to start. I was so proud of them. We had a special lunch at McDonalds after...what a treat!

Friday we went to see a fabulous production of A Christmas Carol. New Stage theater is a local theater production who puts on this...along with many others...each year. It's a highlight of our holidays and a tradition to go see it. I believe this is our third year in a row. Also on Friday night DH and I had our S.S. party. How great to be able to get together with all of our friends for a night without kids. We are so very blessed with amazing friends and a wonderful church home.

Tonight we gathered with about 20 of our friends and family to watch the local Christmas parade. Sweet Alicia and Tania brought hot chocolate and Alicia made awesome M&M's cookies. The kids had so much fun. This, too, has become a tradition for us. I love this time of year! We have so much fun together as a family and such wonderful memories shared with friends. Most importantly though we remember the reason that we gather at each of these events. That God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Make some wonderful memories this Christmas season!



No comments: