It's almost Thanksgiving and I've been trying to get my house in order for...oh, three weeks or so. Why is it that every time I think I'm almost done with the laundry I find another clothes basket hidden away in a messy bathroom. I swear I just cleaned that bathroom! The clothes are a never ending battle in the Kyser household. But now Tink has gotten big enough to really help. Not the kind of help that you "let" you toddler do that actually causes you more work in the long run. No, Tink is my big helper. Her job is to fold hers, Man-Man's, and Princess' clothes. She also folds the towels. By the time she's done with that all I have to do in mine and DH's clothes. It's really helped out a huge amount. The only problem I have is actually getting her to finish her job. Oh, she starts out great, but somewhere along the way she gets a little too ticky about how that shirt is folded or how high that pile should be. Or we just get sidetracked onto another project all together. But then I do the same thing!
So back to Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving. It's a holiday where no gifts are exchanged, no pressure is on anyone to have the best decorations on the outside of the house, not much decorating is done on the inside....except what you want to do. It's just a time to get together with family and be thankful for each other. A time to be thankful for our Lord and His sacrifice for us. A time to be thankful for the many blessings we receive from Him. How thankful are we really? How many times do we actually try to thank God for all of our blessings. I say "try" because it's impossible to realize all of the blessings He gives us. Our homes, our jobs, our children, our spouses, our nation, our freedoms, our church. I mean the list goes on and on. He gives us these gifts, these blessings everyday yet we are so slow to thank him. I was raised here in Mississippi and I can tell you that my mom always taught me my manners. My kids know their manners. If someone gives you something you better thank them. If not you can't have it. Wow, what if God used that rule on us? How many blessings would you have today? I wouldn't have many I can sadly say. Thank you Lord for mercy! Thank you Lord for grace! Mercy is not receiving what you do deserve. Grace is receiving what you don't deserve. Where has the Lord shown you grace today? Mercy?
O.K. I know I'm rambling...but I had no idea what I was going to talk about when I sat down at the computer. God laid these burdens on my heart and I spelled them out. I guess He's been trying to tell me something and I haven't bee listing. Thank you, Lord for loving me through my weaknesses. Count your blessings this Thanksgiving...you'll be surprised!
No comments:
Post a Comment