Pages

Friday, August 3, 2007

Family Vacation







I am very new to this blog thing. I'm going to try to figure it out so bear with me. My goal is to be able to keep grandparents and friends who may live far away updated on our family life. It's easier to post information to one site than to email or snail mail things to individual people. I hope this works out.

The first thing I'd like to post is about our family vacation in May. We went to Orange Beach, AL at the very beginning of May (before school let out and it started getting crowded). The weather was so beautiful and the Gulf was calm and peaceful. It wasn't too hot yet!! It was just perfect. We stayed in a beautiful condo right on the beach. Our condo was on the bottom floor so we could just open up our sliding doors and step right out to the pool and the beach. The kids had so much fun. Man-Man was not too sure of the waves at the beach. As long as Daddy was holding him he was alright. Mostly he just played in the sand and dug a huge hole. Tink liked to go out in an inflatable boat we had. Gidgi or I would push her out and hold on to the sides. Of course, the waves got pretty big at one point and she kinda got tipped over...that was the end of the boat. One day she found a little friend to play with and they ran around the beach and played in the water all afternoon. She's great at making friends anywhere she goes.

We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go again next year. We'll have Princess with us next year so she can have her first taste of the beach...figuratively and literally!!

1 comment:

Kathy Inman said...

Jill,
Your family is absolutely beautiful. I think it is awesome that you are homeschooling. I know your mom is very proud of you. I am so glad that we have reconnected.

Love you,
Kathy Inman