Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Views from Rainbow

Our family has fallen in love with Rainbow Children's Development Center, an orphanage on the other side of Lilongwe where 50 beautiful children live.  Here are some random pictures that I took from around the orphanage.  I'll post more soon.


There is a huge garden with another one being planned for the near future.  They grow their own veggies including maize and beans.



It's harvesting time for the maize


Inside the girls dorm....here are the girls lockers/closets


One of the three rooms housing the girls.  There are 8 girls per room. 


Jeremy talking with Lucas.  Lucas is a missionary at Rainbow from Louisiana.  It is so nice to visit and get to hear some good ole Southern drawl!!!  It feels like home!  Lucas has already started two churches in the local villages as well as mentor the new believers in the Word.  He's only 22!


A view of Rainbow


SM playing Duck Duck Goose with the girls


AJ and SM chatting with the girls.  CJ is on the dirt mound in the background playing with the boys!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I love that all the beds are different (some from what's available I'm sure but I think some from the girls' personalities too!). :-)