Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nine wonderful years!














Nine years ago today I married the man of my dreams, my soul-mate, and my best friend. I remember each and every moment as if it were yesterday.
Walking to church from my house holding my mom's hand (like I always did as a little girl)
Seeing Jeremy for the first time in front of the gazebo where he asked me to marry him
Our wedding party meeting outside at the gazebo for shots at that special place
Holly taking that silly picture of the groomsmen impersonating Jeremy
The beautiful Spring weather,
Friends from as far away as California and Arkansas finally seeing my home town
The flowers that my step-mother so beautifully prepared,
The beautiful cake my aunt made for us,
Jeremy's delicious grooms cake made by his mother,
Waiting in the balcony as the family and friends started to arrive
My two dads walking me down the aisle
My cousins, best friend, and mother serving as my bridal party
Jeremy's brothers walking his mom down the aisle
Lighting the candle in honor of our grandparents
The pastor's mic breaking up at different parts of the ceremony
Chad and Paige singing "Awesome in this place"
The congregation reciting the Lord's prayer
The kiss
Leaving that stage and the preacher announcing "Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Jeremy Kyser"
The group shot of all who attended in front of the church
Emily catching the bouquet
Trent catching the garter
The cake pull with the bridesmaids and Emily (my best friend and stand in the night before)
Leaving the church to the sound of cowbells and cheers from our wonderful friends
Being so hungry that I thought I'd pass out when it was all over!
These are but a few of those precious blessed memories nine years ago today. But most of all I remember watching Jeremy as I walked down the aisle and knowing that this was the man of my dreams. God created him just for me and I would be his wife forever. Each day has been even better and more wonderful than the last. Thank you, Jeremy for nine wonderful years. I can't wait for the other 80!
Jill
The pictures are of the beautiful flowers that my husband suprised me with today. Although he had to go out of town on business he met us for lunch and brought these with him. Ladies came out of their stores to "ohh and ahhh" over such beautiful flowers. He ordered nine peach roses (my favorites) with one white one in the center representing our Lord as the center of our marriage. I told you he was amazing! And along with pictures of our flowers there are also pictures of our beautiful children. They are the best anniversary present I could ever ask for.







2 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Anniversary, Jill! May God continue to glorify Himself in your and Jeremy's life together.

Emily said...

That's really beautiful Jill-- so glad to see you guys so happy after all these years. I still have the heart charm I pulled out of your cake!! It was so much fun being there on your big day :) :) x emily