Note: title provided by Dee Dee!
I honestly don't know how to begin this post. But as Jeremy was retelling this story to me I knew immediately it would be on the blog.
Today was a georgeous day! The kids played outside for most of the afternoon after helping me clean out closets this morning (yes, I must be getting Spring fever)! Anyway, I went down the road to mom's to mow her yard and Jeremy stayed with the kids who were playing outside(I begged to mow the yard... one whole hour with no kids!). It was heavenly!! Beautiful breeze, sun going down, peace and quiet!!! Ahhhh!!! Anyway, Jeremy walked up to mom's house towards the end and brought Princess so she could ride home with me on the riding lawn mower (you didn't actually think I was push mowing did you?). As we were walking home Jeremy said Man-Man was inside in time-out. I could see a little sly grin escaping from Jeremy's lips. "What did he do?" I asked not sure I wanted to know the answer.
Well, Tink, Man-Man, Princess, Emma (a friend visiting from Texas), and Drew (a neighbor) were playing outside while Jeremy was talking to another neighbor. Evidently they all decided to raid my kitchen bowls to make soup. Usually this soup consists of leaves, twigs, sticks, berries, and water. Well, evidently the water was a problem to find today. Now, why they didn't walk back inside and fill the bowls with water from the sink I'll never know. But apparently my son decided to supply everyone's soup with his own water. Oh, yes! His OWN water!
See, I'm an only child. I had a couple of boy cousins who were like brothers but I don't ever remember them peeing on thing...or in things. I know that this is just something little boys do but I'm so grateful that Jeremy was the one that the other kids ran to to tattle on. I know it was all he could do to keep from laughing (as well as our neighbor to whom Jeremy was talking) as he talked to Man-Man and put him in time out. Oh, this little boy is surely teaching me things! I am just trying to imagine the thought process that led him to decide on this course of action. I mean, I know the girls didn't come up with it. And Drew, bless his heart, is probably ruined for life (I'm sure boys in India don't act like that!) So that leaves my son as the instigator and designer of this plan. Oh, my! What could be next?
Jill
Update: It was revealed to me today by big sis that infact it was Drew that told Man-Man to pee in the pot. Tink was very upset with Drew because "he was the one that told (Man-Man) to do it and then he was the one that went and told on him when he did"! We had a good lesson in not doing everything our friends tell us to do. :)
4 comments:
I LOVE it!!! Sweet little Man-Man was just trying to help. He didn't want to go back inside and track in dirt and leaves all over your house just to get water. That is great!! This only proves what I've said time and time again...boys are definitely different than girls! Thanks for sharing...that is one for the memory book for sure!
Sort of...title from Dee Dee via Jeremy! :-) It's all I could do not to ask Emma about this little episode. Apparently, it wasn't too traumatic because she hasn't said a word about it!
I love it!! He was just making some "PEE" soup!! Love y'all,Aunt Judy
too funny! i can't wait to tell jason abt this one.
Post a Comment