




Well, luckily we missed the worst part of hurricane Gustav. Our church housed over 400 evacuees and numerous pets during the past week. We were fortunate this time. We were able to assist others, instead of needing assistance ourselves. Above are some pics that were taken at our church shelter. I did not take these excellent pics. These were taken by Erica Harms...but I am so proud of my church family for allowing God to use them to minister to these men, women, and children in need.
These pics below show what we did during Gustav. My children love playing in the rain. It's one of their very favorite things to do. What kid doesn't enjoy getting soaked in the rain and stomping in puddles. So we spent most of the afternoon sitting under the garage or on the front porch watching our kids have fun. When life gives you lemons....!



Now even though we didn't get very bad weather with Gustav, we did get lots and lots of rain. I mean LOTS! I think it rained for four or five days straight. On Thurs. the sun came out and we were all so excited. I don't think I could live in places like Seattle where it rains all the time, or in Alaska where you don't see the sun for long periods. Thank you God for the sun and the rain. Thank you for Your protection over us. Now we watch Ike...knowing that God is the One in control.Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment