



Tonight we watched my beautiful ballerina dance on stage with some of the best dancers I've ever seen. Tink'sdance company, Ballet Magnificat, held their Christmas performance this past weekend and it kept us quite busy. She had a wonderful time, though. And she was so excited that Man-Man, Gidgi, Mommy, and Daddy were there to watch her. I told her we would be sitting on the fifth row and to look for us when she finished dancing. Well, as soon as they finished I saw her peek up over the girls in front of her and start counting with her hands. It was so funny! But she found us and that just made her day. She was so excited to be up there dancing with all of the "big girls". Aunt Tania and Rivers came to see her tonight as well...so she was even more excited that they were there. It really meant a lot to her.
The girls danced Tuesday and Thursday for practice. Then they danced the actual performances Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. "A Christmas Dream" was held at Thalia Mara Hall in Jackson. I can't tell you how beautiful this ballet was...it's just something that you have to see. The story is basically a Christian version of the "Nutcracker". It is set to the same music and everything. However instead of the Nutcracker fighting the Mouse King it is Beelzebub fighting the Archangel Michael. Katherine then travels (in her dream) to Heaven where she meets Jesus and watches as all creation worships Him. My baby was a bumblebee...of course she was the prettiest one out there! I am so proud for her to be a part of such a wonderful dance company that exists only to glorify Him!
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment