Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

More on the Malawian crisis....

It's not getting any better here.  It actually seems to be getting worse.  We have an entire group of children from our school that won't be here this week (their teachers had to get their work ready for them) because they can't make the 1 hour drive into town each day due to the fuel crisis.  I say the word "crisis" now.  It's no longer a shortage.  We are having to deliver babies (normal deliveries and c-sections) without power.  People are getting angry.

I'm linking another blog here.  Please go and read this blog to get a better perspective (and better pictures) of exactly what's going on here.  This family lives directly behind us.  We share our back fence with them. They are a missionary family with another mission organization and their daughter is in my class at school. Please visit The Stocker Stories blog.  Please pray!!!!

Jill

2 comments:

Jocelyne said...

Just wanted to you know I am praying for you! Thank you for sharing what is going on in your lives and in Malawi. I appreciated the link to the Stocker's blog page. My family was with SIM for many years in Niger.

Jocelyne said...

Thank you for sharing what is going on in your lives. I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you! The mission committee met last week and we also prayed for you together. I appreciated the link to the Stocker's blog page. My family was with SIM in Niger and Nigeria for many years.