I spent most of today having a "girls day" with Tink. We haven't been able to have much Mother/Daughter alone time recently so I asked if she wanted to go shopping with me this morning. Oh, she's getting so big and we had a wonderful time. Our first stop was at Seattle Drip for a coffee drink and muffin! Yay! We love coffee drinks and this was extra special for us because we never afford them! The next stop was the school supply store where I wanted to look at bulletin board items for my school room at ABCCA. I'll be teaching 3rd grade so I needed to come up with a theme for the classroom and something for the door and the AR board. We decided to do monkeys (it fits, don't you think!?) and there are tons of items for monkyes around the store. Who knew monkey's were so popular! I'm getting so excited about getting into the classroom and meeting the kids.
After School Aides we went to the mall (which is right across the street). It's funny because Tink didn't even remember that mall. We just never really go shopping and I had to tell her it's the place where we get your photo made with Santa. She finally recognized it once we got there but that just shows you how much we shop. If I need something I go to the one store that I need that item from and that's it. But since this was a girls day we went to the mall. We found some great clearance items at Belk and were able to pretty much complete Tink and Prince's clothing needs for the next year or two (and all at 75% off!). We're trying to stock up to be prepared for the kids growing, etc. Princess already had a good bit and we still need a couple of things for them all but we're slowly building everything up. I never knew how hard it would be to get prepared for a move like this. It's one thing to think of the things you need for your house but it's another to plan for the things that your kids will need. Plus, we're trying to plan for birthdays and Christmas time while we're there because the items that will be available to purchase there seem to be very expensive... if they are available.
After a fun lunch in the food court, and a stop in the photo booth for those silly instant photos, we were off to both of our favorite store, Barnes and Noble! Tink had some birthday money to spend and that's where she wanted to spend it. She bought the original "Wizard of Oz", "National Velvet", and a book of Shakespeare stories. She's always loved Shakespeare and is constantly asking me to read her one of the story books that we have of his stories. She made me track her down another book full of his stories and it's beautiful! How many 8 year olds have even heard of Shakespeare?? She's a pretty amazing girl.
Jeremy and the other two stayed home and worked on the house. We're getting ready to put a sign in the yard and praying that the Lord will bring the people that He's chosen to buy our house soon. We know that the Lord has called us to Africa and raising support and selling a house is no problem for him! I can't wait to see Him work.
We'll be speaking in two different Sunday School classes in the morning so please pray that goes well. I'll keep you posted! Three churches have approached us about speaking so things are moving steadily alone. The Lord is Faithful! I am simply in AWE of Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment