

People ask me all the time how I handle having three children. Many people have younger children and more children than I do. But right now I'm one of the few in my circle of friends with three. You know, it's actually easier to have three children than just two. See, Tink and Man-Man are at an age now where they can entertain each other. They do argue and fight....but for the most part they play great together and they LOVE playing with each other. That leaves more time for me to attend to baby Princess' needs. Now that she's six months things have gotten even easier. She can sit in a high chair and play with toys while I clean the kitchen. She loves to get in her "Johnny Jump" that we hang in the doorway. As long as she can see one of us she's great. Oh, you should see her eyes light up when her brother or sister come into the room. She's amazed by them. And they are so great with her.
That's another reason it seems easier with three. The older two can help out so much with the baby. Man-Man and Tink love to help feed Princess. This is a fairly new thing to them. Tink usually feeds Princess lunch while I get their lunch ready. Man-Man says he likes to feed her supper...but really he just feeds her about five bites and then he's done. I've put baby food in a bottom drawer in the kitchen along with bibs and rags. I let Tink pick out which food she thinks Princess wants and then she gets her ready with her bib and feeds her. She feels like such a big girl. I love to see them helping their sister. They are just wonderful kids. God is so gracious and loving to give me these precious little angels.
On the way home from church tonight they decided to sing for all of us. Tink and Man-Man have been learning new songs at church during our puppet show each week. It's been a big hit for all of the kids. I love it because all of the kids come out into the hall to watch the puppet show. I play Suzie sheep (and Tink is so proud of this little fact) and Dalton plays Moe the monkey. At the end of the show the kids sing three songs they've all been learning. After only three weeks these kids already know them. They love to sing these songs. So Tink and Man-Man started singing on the way home tonight. At the top of their lungs I hear..."Good news, Jesus is born. Good news, He died on the cross. Good news, He rose from the dead. Good news, He's coming back soon!!" It was so cute. Daddy and I were just beaming. I couldn't have been happier!
Jill
5 comments:
I'm not sure! Once I get there, if I find out people can I'll post my address on here. I was reading the survey you filled out and A) I didn't know you were a nurse! B) I went to State before I went to nursing school and C) I lived in Hawaii too! We would have so much to talk about!
You guys are getting the message across with the puppet shows! Emmas was singing a song last night that she learned at the puppet show.
I'm so glad the puppets are teaching the kids. We have needed this for so long.
I love that the kids are learning the songs!! and i am so glad that you help with the puppet show. i love watching the kids sing and dance even the younger ones enjoy it and usually if it doesnt have bubbles or goldfish they dont seem to care! :)
Post a Comment